Mar 12, 2016

How I Lost Over #20000 Through My Misplaced ATM Card

Want to share this as a way to help some of us to always take due precaution at all instance....

It all started last week friday when I travelled down to ibadan to attend a meeting on behalf of my work-place.. While in the city I misplaced my wallet via a taxi I boarded which contain(wallet) few thousands of naira, my 2 ATM cards, id cards, and my business cards..

Got back to lagos and continued work... Had intentin to visit the bank to request for a new card but I was still of the opinion that the supposedly "good samaritan" who will be in possession of the wallet will contact me to return it since I have all my details in it.. but it was the opposite; as on wednesday I got an alert of a debit of about 4k for a facebook transcation at first I thought it was from my personal facebook account; sent a mail to facebook but they told me it wasnt connected to my account.. so was supposed to go to the bank to make the complain but workload at work was heavy on me so I couldnt visit the bank not until thursday morning when I saw two consecutive debits that was when I realised I was been exploited; asked for permission and went straight ahead to the bank, on getting to the banking hall saw another about 5k debit, calmly told the customer care representative to block my account but she said I will have to write a letter to that effect first... chai, I yelled uncontrollably at her trying to explain what happened thats when she quickly blocked the account first which after I wrote the letter...

Now in all the supposedly thief got away with about 22k, could be more than that if I had waited even for few seconds all due to my negligence... So in all, lesson learnt for me already and lesson to everyone; always do well to BLOCK your ATM card(s) if misplaced for any reason...

Lastly, a freind was telling me that I can trace the facebook account.. Dont know if anybody knows how that work. Thanks......
Attached is the various alert debit(from my mail)

0 comments:

Post a Comment